Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Flapjacks!

Just read this am that doing "flapjacks " counts as part of the cross training for many marathon programs. The current issue of Runner's World has a great little section about various marathon training programs.

The great news about "flapjacks" is that I already do them; I just didn't know that they're called"flapjacks"! Before bed, as Josh is primping, I get in about four sets of crunches and four sets of push-ups. These are, flapjacks! Get it--you flip back and forth, just like a flapjack. Ah Ha.

I've tried to tell my former students that this is an easy way to fit in exercise at night...while you're watching your favorite TV show or movie, lay down and crunch those abs! You don't need any equipment, or a fancy exercise outfit...It's a quick and easy way to strength train. They say, that's hard to do when you're playing a video game. : (

And....If you're lucky, like me, maybe someone will taunt you with the Rocky theme song while you're doing your flapjacks. That always seems to tickle Josh.

1 comment:

J. Michael Hobert said...

I always heard it wasn't good to exercise at bed time Rocky