Sunday, July 15, 2007

Right on Track.

Training is going well, I'm happy to report.

Last Thursday I did a solid five.

Saturday I did seven, which was a mile over what the training program calls for...

And, today, I did five and a half or so. Today was supposed to be a cross training day, but I couldn't resist running with one of my very favorite running buddies.

This week the program calls for three, six, three, and then eleven over the weekend.

We're going out of town, though, so I'm trying to bank some miles before we leave. Banking miles, or running back to back to back, probably is not suggested; but sometimes you've got to deviate from the plan. So, I figure today counts for one of the runs for this coming week.

I'm going to try to run for the next three days straight, with one of those runs being the long one. (Yuck.) This way, I can enjoy our trip and try to fit in a three miler on our vacation. We'll see if my body agrees to that plan. It'll appreciate the break on Thursday, I'm sure!

I'm feeling great and I am really enjoying the program. Hal Higdon really knows his stuff! : )

No comments: