Wednesday, July 18, 2007

WOW. THAT WAS FUN.

Did the "long run" today, instead of this weekend. The program I'm using says to do eleven, but really I was shooting for nine this morning.

In my haze of exhaustion, I locked my keys in my car as I stepped out to meet my running friend. Grrr. So, the first part of the run, my mind wandered to thoughts of... what am I going to do? Get Josh to give me a ride? Run home, pick up more keys, and then run back? The plan was to run long today, anyway, right?

Instead of begging Josh for a ride, dragging the babe out of bed, and disrupting the household; I ran home after my friend and I did five and a half or so. If you're thinking you shouldn't leave your house unlocked, please know that I didn't...I locked the wrong keys in the car. My key chain is one of those that separates, so that I can easily carry my car key while running. That was the one that I locked in the car.

Anyway, I ran upstairs, grabbed the keys, and ran back to the starting point. This got me almost three miles, which was fine by me. It wasn't the eleven miles that the program calls for or even the nine that I was shooting for, but it was close enough.

Now it's time for a few days of resting these tired legs of mine.

No comments: