Monday, July 9, 2007

My Dream...

...is to watch Roger Federer win a championship in person one day. My all time favorite sporting event to watch on TV is Wimbledon. I have been begging Josh for a few years now to go to Wimbledon with me. Although, I might settle for the US Open as a starter.

Watching professional athletes, like Federer and Nadal, motivates me and inspires me.

This morning, on my lovely three mile run, I thought about Federer and how phenomenal it is that he has won Wimbledon five years straight! That just amazes me. The drive to win, and the focus that it takes to accomplish such a victory; for five years in a row is an inspiration. And, to be so humble after such an incredible victory...(I am aware that he just might have another side, but he certainly is classy in interviews, okay?!)

And, since this is a running blog...

I haven't felt this good on a run in a long, long, long time! According to the Hal Higdon plan that I'm using, I only need to do three today, five tomorrow, and then three later in the week. Once I got started this morning, I just wanted to keep going; I felt strong and relaxed. Runs like that are an inspiration. Runs like that make you think that maybe Boston isn't out of the question...

No comments: