Saturday, July 28, 2007

Positive Vibes are FEW.

Today I did the "long run" of the week, which was about twelve miles.

I'd like to say that enjoyed every last scorching stride in this lovely July heat; but I didn't.

My legs felt tired from the get-go, which has me baffled because I haven't done anything out of the ordinary lately. (Except for taking a WEEK off...doubt that's recommended by old Hal.) I also got a later start, eight o'clock; which, is just WAAAAY too late to start a long run in July. Trust me. It's too stinkin hot at that point.

Under normal circumstances, I would have been finishing up around eight or would have been done for an hour or so; but my running buddy needed some extra sleep, so we got a later start. She'd meet me later in a heart beat, too~we're definitely in this together!

I will say that the problem with starting a run late in the morning at this stage in my life, is that by the time I'm done; the two year old is FULL FORCE ready!! to!! play!! and J. is exhausted by that point. If I can get home by eight, sometimes I can shower before the little guy wakes or if he's awake he's just a wee bit slower than at ten o'clock in the morning.

Like I said, the positive vibes are few today. I'm hoping it's because of the heat and not because I'm too out of shape to get myself ready for this race.

We'll see. Tomorrow I'm going to do an easy three.

No comments: