Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just for Amy!


(The photo is for my girlfriend, Amy. She thought it would make a great addition to the ole' running blog...And, she's right. Don't you think?)

Well, well, well...

Let's see....Skipped running on Tuesday. Whoops... I'm always so lethargic and lazy upon returning from a vacation!

However, today, is a different story. I ran about six miles with two of my friends. It was a wonderful run, coupled with the fact that the course was very flat. Surprisingly, I felt great. It's been a whole week since my last run, so I was counting on feeling poorly. The temps are low for this time of year, so that helps tremendously.

It looks like I'll be running for the next four days because of skipping the beginning part of the week.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to run three, but I'll probably do four. Friday, three. And, Saturday TWELVE. The miles are starting to creep up...slowly, but surely.

It's a sick thought...but I love the soreness that comes with long runs...the way my toes ache because they're blistered under the nail....I know, it's a sick thought, right?

Most Importantly... I *love* the way that I can eat the day of a long run...I don't hold back when it comes to "refueling"!

I'm totally addicted to this whole marathoning thing.

1 comment:

J. Michael Hobert said...

blistered under the nail???? eeeeeeuuu